Monday, April 6, 2009

This is some shit up with which I will not put.

I'm going to bed in a little while, and when I get up (and have a nice, healthy smoothie for breakfast) around 3:30, I'm going to go running.

Third time's a charm, eh?

It's been a while since I ran. I'm afraid to look, but ... yeah. August 2nd of last year. Way, way, way, way too long.

I had already planned on starting up again today, but I just found an application for the iPhone that allows you to listen to your own music while running; the application gives you audio cues to let you know when it's time to slow down or speed up. It was $2.99, but I got it anyway. The Ulrey podcasts are wonderful, but I have never liked the music. Now I can plod along to my classic rock and (thanks to my friend Mara) the Netherlands Top 40.

I've lost almost 12 pounds since February and I was going to wait until I got back into strength training before I started running again, but with my graveyard schedule and all the crap going on in my life right now, I don't really have time to squeeze all that in everyday. For now, I'll just go with the running. See how I do. I still need to get new shoes, so hopefully my old ones (still in great condition) will suffice.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Christie said...

I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you're still around.

turtle tracks said...

Hi Christie! I've been here, just ... not running. I'm back now, though!